Located in Salcombe, Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 1
A bright and spacious two-storey property, in the heart of the town which has outstanding views over the estuary and East Portlemouth beaches. The property has been extensively improved and decorated and offers 3 bedrooms, one of which has an en-suite shower room.
- Enjoying picture-perfect views from the decked area, this stylish and sophisticated holiday home is a cut above the norm in Salcombe
- Approached via a flight of steps from a passageway leading off Fore Street
- Entrance Door: Hallway leading to Bathroom: bath, with shower, WC, basin, heated towel rail
- Stairs up to open plan sitting area: Bedroom 1: twin beds, estuary glimpses
- Bedroom 2: twin beds
- Bedroom 3: kingsize bed (5’), estuary views, TV, fully fitted with an en-suite shower room with WC, basin and heated towel rail
- Shower room: with WC, basin and heated towel rail
- Stairs to First Floor Sitting Room/Kitchen/Dining area: very large (30ft+), well furnished, satellite TV, stereo system, video, fully fitted kitchen with electric oven, hob, microwave oven, washer/dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer
- Dining table and chairs
- One side glazed, with door to large decked area, affording wide-reaching estuary views
- Outside: Refurbished decked area with outdoor furniture
- Please note: This decked area is not suitable for unsupervised children
- Parking: Annual season ticket provided for town car park (unreserved)
- Duvets, pillows, bed linen and towels provided
- Wifi available
- Gas central heating and hot water
- No smoking or barbecues
- One well behaved dog welcome at the discretion of the owner at an additional cost of £30 per week
- This property has a security deposit of £300
- A bright and spacious two-storey property, in the heart of the town which has outstanding views over the estuary and East Portlemouth beaches
- The property has been extensively improved and decorated and offers 3 bedrooms, one of which has an en-suite shower room
Our 4th time in this glorious place. Another wonderful holiday in Salcombe.
Lying within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Salcombe is a hugely popular resort town close to the mouth of the Kingsbridge Estuary. There are plenty of sandy beaches nearby including the pet-friendly Salcombe North Sands which is just a short walk from Salcombe town center. The Winking Prawn has a fantastic outside seating area and renowned food and is within yards of the beach. Travel to South Sands Beach from Salcombe's Whitestrand Quay on the South Sands Ferry and find large areas of golden sand perfect for making sand castles and rock pools to explore as well as Bo’s Beach Café which also sells beach accessories. East Portlemouth Beach is another that can be reached by ferry and is a series of coves with golden sands and clear blue water more reminiscent of beaches in the Indian Ocean making a swim almost irresistible. If you are looking for a walk with a difference wait for low tide and make your way up to Mill Bay along the coast for another great beach experience.
Lots of activities in Salcombe, both on and off the water. With the calm estuary there is a great choice of water based activities including sea kayaks, paddle boarding, a surf school, sailing both yacht and dinghy, estuary cruises both leisurely and adrenalin filled, schools for yachting and power boats and even donut rides and coasteering. Off the water relax at the Salcombe Distillery at the tasting bar or create your own gin at the gin school. Try your hands at the Salcombe Shooting School or travel up to Pennywell Farm and see all the animals and cuddle a miniature pig! Soft play can be found at Kidz and Co for those rainy days. The Brownston Gallery is one of Devon's finest art galleries showing contemporary pieces from both established and emerging artists. The walking here is excellent with a 3 mile walk along the South West Coast Path to Bolt Head being among the most popular with stunning coastal views.
Places to visit while staying in Salcombe include the Salcombe Maritime Museum, a collection of models, paintings, photographs and artefacts which tell the story of Salcombe’s links with ships and the sea. Carved into the cliff 80m above the sea, Overbeck’s Gardens and Museum provides breath-taking views over Salcombe Estuary with a diverse collection of plants and an interesting history. Finally, you are in a stunning part of the country whether you are attracted by the coastline or the countryside the Salcombe area delivers on all fronts.