Greenlake Farm Cottage
Located in Hartland, Devon
Beautifully refurbished, this delightful wing is a great base for couples and families looking to explore the stunning North Devon coast.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
Situated close to Hartland which is near the border of Devon and North Cornwall, this is a beautiful and secluded stretch of the British coast characterised by impressively craggy and dynamic cliffs and wild woodlands. Hartland is the main village in the area and offers basic amenities including a pub and a village shop. Visitor attractions include Hartland Abbey, Hartland Point Lighthouse, Hartland Quay, The Milky Way theme park, Bucks Mills and the world-famous heritage fishing village Clovelly and its rambling estate. The South West Path passes through Hartland Quay and offers walkers staggering views and occasionally challenging stretches along the trail. For a full range of pubs, restaurants and shops visit Bude or Bideford. Family surfers also drive to Widemouth Bay for a nice wide beach and lessons. A bit further afield is Tintagel Castle, Boscastle and Westward Ho!
Prepare home-cooked meals in the spacious fitted kitchen, which features an exposed beam overhead and an electric range cooker set into the original stone hearth. Also in this room is a fridge/freezer, slimline dishwasher, microwave and washing machine. Enjoy cosy evenings together in the inviting lounge, which features exposed beams and a large inglenook fireplace containing an electric effect wood burner. A TV/DVD and iPod/iPhone dock provide entertainment for all, while patio doors to the conservatory flood this room with natural light. Enjoy meals together in the sunny conservatory next door, which enjoys spectacular rural views on three sides and opens onto the garden. This property offers three light and airy bedrooms, all fitted with a TV and approached by split level cottage style stairs. The master double bedroom benefits from an en suite shower room and WC, while the two twin bedrooms, approached by split level cottage style stairs, share the bathroom with shower over bath and WC.
Outside there is a spacious enclosed lawn garden with furniture and countryside views. There is a private hot tub at one end of the lawn, the perfect spot to watch the sun go down over the rolling countryside. Guests are invited to make use of the games barn, which contains a pool table, darts board and small football goals for the garden. Private off-road parking is available for up to two cars.
- Delightful wing of a farmhouse in an idyllic rural location which has been refurbished to a high standard to retain exposed stonework and brickwork throughout
- Within easy reach of a variety of sandy beaches, perfect for surfing, sunbathing and bodyboarding
- Numerous family attractions nearby, including The Big Sheep and The Milky Way
- Within easy reach of popular attractions such as Clovelly, Lundy Island and neighbouring Cornwall
- 3 bedrooms 1 double, 2 twins
- 1 en suite shower room with WC to double and 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Electric range oven, hob, fridge/freezer, slimline dishwasher, microwave and washing machine
- Electric effect wood burner
- TV/DVD, iPod/iPhone dock
- Enclosed garden with private hot tub
- Games barn with pool table, darts and football goals
- Private off-road parking for 2 cars
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- 1 dog welcome
- Beach, pubs and shops 2 miles
On the North Devon Coast, Hartland is the most north-westerly town in the county. Dating back over 1000 years, the area is timeless and unspoilt with wild and beautiful countryside and some of the most stunning coastal views found anywhere in Britain. The village itself has plenty to offer including several independent shops, places to eat out and a rich history to discover. There are plenty of events throughout the year as well as markets and festivals. Places to visit in the area include Hartland Abbey dating back to 1157, Hartland Point for spectacular views, Welcombe Mouth Beach and Docton Mill Gardens and Tea Room.