Green Valley Retreat
Located in Holsworthy, Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
The beautiful scenic beaches at Widemouth Bay and Bude are just a 10-mile drive away making this a perfect countryside and coastal retreat.
The entire property is set on one level with two double bedrooms, a twin bedroom, family shower room and a cloakroom toilet. The kitchen is well-equipped, with a dishwasher, washing machine and a breakfast bar, ideal for family breakfasts before heading out for the day. The spacious open plan living/dining room has a set of patio doors which open out into the beautiful garden, with its sitting-out area, perfect for relaxing in the sun or enjoying a morning coffee while you plan your day.
This homely and comfortably furnished holiday home is ideally situated for discovering all that Devon has to offer. Here you are just a couple of minutes away from the local market town of Holsworthy and a 15-minute drive from the stunning beach at Widemouth Bay and the popular seaside town of Bude. It’s the ideal place to shop, eat out and sample local produce with a great selection of pubs, cafés and restaurants. The pretty fishing villages of Padstow, Boscastle, Port Isaac and Rock are well worth a visit, and mystical Tintagel home to the legendary King Arthur’s castle is nearby.
Tamar Lake is just 15-minutes away and offers a great day out with fishing, paddleboarding, kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing, sailing, wildlife spotting and an on-site cafe. Holsworthy Golf Club is only a 2-minute drive from the property and has 18 holes with beautiful views and scenery. Horse riding is available nearby also. The wild beauty of Bodmin and Dartmoor National Park is a must for walkers and nature lovers alike and are both just a 30 to 40-minute drive away. The RHS Gardens at Rosemoor are a delight and there are numerous National Trust properties to visit including Castle Drogo. The property is also only a 25-minute drive from Bideford, where you can book a boat trip to Lundy Island from the Quay. Alternatively visit the Eden project, which is a truly unique experience. Beach 12 miles. Shop 1 mile. Pub 350 yards and restaurant 520 yards.
- Green Valley Retreat is a charming, spacious three-bedroom bungalow located within three acres of the owner's grounds alongside the River Deer
- All on the ground floor
- Living/dining room: With 32" Freeview TV and patio doors leading to garden
- Kitchen: With breakfast bar, electric oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine and tiled floor
- Bedroom 1: With double bed and en-suite with shower cubicle and toilet
- Bedroom 2: With double bed
- Bedroom 3: With twin beds
- Shower room: With shower cubicle, toilet and tiled floor
- Separate toilet
- Oil central heating, electricity, bed linen and towels included
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Private lawned garden with patio and garden furniture
- Private parking for 5 cars
- No smoking
- Please note: There is an unfenced river 80 meters away
No reviews found.
Holsworthy is a market town set in stunning countryside amidst rolling hills. Every Wednesday they hold the popular Pannier Market which dates all the way back to the 12th century. The Holsworthy Museum features displays and information on rural life in days gone by. A variety of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants can be found around the square.
Holsworthy is the ideal base for exploring Devon. As a base, it offers the peace and tranquillity of the countryside but you also have easy access to the Hartland Peninsula, the sandy beaches of Bude and Widemouth Bay, Dartmoor is within an easy drive as is the Tamar Valley.
We have a great amount of Holsworthy Holiday Cottages to choose from including many that are pet-friendly to take advantage of the excellent walks in the area.