Located in Appledore, Devon
This superb fisherman s cottage has been well designed and excellently renovated, just steps from the sea and South West coastal path it is an ideal retreat at any time.
- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
Found in a small terrace on a quiet traffic-free lane in Appledore, you will be captivated by the maze of narrow lanes, brightly painted cottages and bustling quayside. A variety of cafes, pubs and restaurants in the village offer a range of cuisine. Visit some of the unique shops and galleries showcasing local arts and crafts. Keen walkers will relish being close to the South West Coastal Path. A seasonal ferry takes passengers across the estuary from the quayside to the pretty village of Instow with its sheltered sandy beach. Visit the golden sands at Westward Ho! great for surfing. The pannier market town of Bideford is a few miles drive with its shops and restaurants and is home to The Oldenburg for day trips to Lundy Island.
Stepping into this three-storey property through the entrance porch you find a spacious kitchen on your left, equipped with everything you need to cook including a large Range gas oven and hob, a microwave, dishwasher and fridge. A freezer and washing machine can be found in the secure shed in the courtyard. Leading on, the accommodation opens into a large open-plan space with a sumptuous lounge area with Smart TV/DVD, comfy sofas, wood burner and stylish accessories. The dining area offers plenty of seating for everyone and French doors allow natural light to pour in. Heading up the stairs there are two double bedrooms, one has sea glimpses and an en-suite shower and WC. Heading up to the fun loft room which has three single beds, this room is designed especially for children to have a memorable holiday by the sea, including toys – a working ships wheel, and bell and for those who may be tempted to stray out of bed at night a fitted stair gate to ensure no slips. For older children, there is a TV/DVD with an Xbox 360 hidden behind a locked cupboard.
Stepping outside the garden is small but fully secure up a small flight of steps from the house. It has been designed to allow children to play in the wooden playhouse whilst parents relax on the picnic table and bench. Roadside parking close by, subject to availability or public car park nearby (local charges apply).
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Located in the pretty fishing village of Appledore on the North Devon coast
- A short stroll to the quayside, cafes, pubs, restaurants, shops and galleries
- Enjoy a day at the beaches of Instow and Westward Ho!, both within easy reach
- 3 Bedrooms 2 double and 1 triple with single beds
- 1 Bathroom with shower over bath and WC and 1 en suite shower room with shower and WC
- Gas Range oven and hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher
- Utility area with washing machine and freezer located in a secure outside shed
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Smart TV/DVD in the lounge and TV/DVD, Xbox 360 in the triple bedroom
- Enclosed courtyard with steps up to children's playhouse and picnic bench
- Free roadside parking close by, subject to availability, or a public pay and display car parking nearby
- Beach 1 mile, shops, pubs and restaurants within walking distance
Appledore is a small fishing village in North Devon. The village celebrates its local artists. The village is full of narrow streets, many of them cobbled. Here you that will find a lot of arts and crafts shops showcasing their work. A variety of pubs and restaurants offer a large range of local seafood. The village is has a privately owned shipyard that employs a lot of the locals. The quay is often occupied by local shipping vessels and yachts. Cruises are available to go up and down the estuary. A ferry takes passengers to the pretty village of Instow which has a sheltered Sandy beach and pier. A short walk away, along the river is Bideford Bay and Westward Ho. The nearest town is Barnstaple 21 minutes away.