Located in Westward Ho!, Devon
Stylish detached property with a private hot tub, situated within walking distance of all that Westward Ho! has to offer, including a sandy beach, shops, and cafes.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
A stunning five-star holiday home located in Westward Ho! on Devon’s Atlantic Coast. The town is popular with visitors and locals alike, thanks to its two-mile wide sandy beach, where families can enjoy building sandcastles and paddling in the waves, alongside water sports enthusiasts from the beach-front surf academy. Just next door is the Royal North Devon Golf Club, where guests not only automatically have access to the bar and restaurant, but a discounted rate is available for golfing enthusiasts. Behind the beach, Northam Burrows Country Park offers enjoyable walks among the sand dunes, perfect for escaping the midday sun.
On entering this beautiful property, it benefits from a reverse-level layout which means that the three bedrooms are located on the ground floor, all of which have their own TV. Two spacious rooms benefit from king-size beds, both of which have an en-suite shower room with a WC. The third bedroom is a restful twin room. The main bathroom on this floor offers a bath, perfect for unwinding after a long day of exploring. As you head upstairs, on the first floor, guests will find the spacious and tastefully decorated lounge/kitchen/diner, where a comfortable sofa seating is positioned so that guests are able to enjoy the cosy wood burner, with the safety of a fireguard in the cooler months, and the breeze from the patio doors in the summer months. Alternatively guests can extend the living space out onto the balcony, where there is further seating available. The TV and DVD are also in this lounge area, where families can cosy up and watch TV or a film of their choice. A half-wall separates the sitting area from the kitchen/diner where a table with rattan seating provides the perfect space for family meals. The well- equipped kitchen has a sleek contemporary design, and offers an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
Step outside where you will find the great sized enclosed garden to the rear of the property, where guests will find a table and chairs, a BBQ, and, of course, the luxurious hot tub. The first-floor balcony, with its garden furniture, offers an additional space to sit and enjoy the sunshine, its easy access from the kitchen making it the perfect spot for enjoying al fresco drinks. There is off-road parking provided for two cars.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Stunning five-star holiday home with distant ocean views across Bideford Bay to Lundy
- Enjoy a lazy day in the hot tub and large enclosed garden
- Take advantage of the large balcony with a glass of bubbly after those long days out
- A haven for walkers and cyclists alike, with many coastal walks on the doorstep and a short drive from the famous Tarka Trail
- 3 bedrooms 2 king-size and 1 twin
- Bathroom with bath and WC and 2 en suite shower rooms with WC to the king-size rooms
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freeze and dishwasher
- The utility room houses a tumble dryer and washing machine
- Woodburner (1st basket of logs free)
- Smart TV, and DVD, plus additional Smart TV in each of the bedrooms
- Wi-Fi included
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, Tassimo coffee machine, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, and washing machine
- Bed linen, towels and towels for the hot tub included
- Electric and central heating included
- Travel cot, stairgates, and highchair available
- Hot tub
- Gas BBQ
- 2 dogs welcome
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Shops, pubs, and beach all within walking distance
- Arrival 3:30pm
Westward Ho! is a pretty coastal village. The seafront is a very popular spot for surfers and a variety of water sports. There are lifeguards on patrol on the beach in the summer making it feel very safe and secure for families. The beach has been awarded the Blue Flag for its cleanliness. Dogs are welcomed on the beach all year. During the summer there are signs directing you to which area of the beach are dog friendly. The village is surrounded by cliffs and an estuary. There are lots of nature trails and paths leading to neighbouring towns such as Bideford. For the adventurers, The Ultimate Adventure Centre in Bideford, fun for all the family. The Pebble Ridge Adventure Golf and Go Karts are worth a visit. The village has a few gift shops, a local store and a pharmacy. The village is also home to a few surfing and water sports shops. There are 3 pubs in Westward Ho! The local town of Bideford is 10 minutes by car. Further on is Barnstaple which is 21 minutes away.