Forches Head Cottage
Located in Exeter, Devon
This traditional cottage is a wonderful country retreat for those who want to get away from it all. With village amenities and many attractions nearby, the cottage has everything guests would need.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Set in a quiet location half a mile from Broadclyst Village, this semi-detached country cottage is an ideal holiday retreat. The property overlooks the National Trust Ashclyst Forest and is surrounded by wildlife, ideal for hikes or quiet walks along the forest paths. The East Devon coast can be reached by a short drive with both sandy and pebble beaches to choose from as well as several coastal walks. Take a fossil hunting walk on the Jurassic Coast. For a great family day out, Killerton House and Bicton Gardens are well worth visiting. The cathedral city of Exeter combines a modern shopping experience with places of interest such as the Roman wall, the ancient cathedral, and the quay area.
Inside the property, the cosy lounge has characterful beams that help it feel warm and homely and features a double sofa bed, an armchair, foot rest, coal effect electric fire, TV, DVD player and Freeview. The kitchen/diner is decorated in a farmhouse style with an electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave and washing machine. The dining area has a table and seating for four people. There is one spacious double bedroom with TV/DVD reached via open cottage style stairs and has an en suite bathroom with a corner bath, shower over bath and WC. An inflatable bed is available for children aged eight and under.
Outside is a pretty, enclosed patio area, which can be accessed via the front door and through the side gate, which offers a garden table, two chairs and a BBQ, ideal for enjoying a drink and a meal on a summer evening. The patio commands lovely views across the surrounding fields and countryside. There is off-road parking available.
- Overlooks the National Trust Ashclyst Forest with bird and wildlife popping by
- Set in tranquil, rural surroundings
- East Devon beaches are a short drive away Hunt for fossils on the Jurassic Coast
- Exeter's city life is a short drive - indulge in retail therapy, dining and exploration of this fantastic historical city
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 en suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Kitchen with electric oven, fridge, freezer, microwave and washing machine
- Electric and electric heating included during summer months
- Off-road parking provided
- Wi-Fi included
- 1 dog welcome, second by arrangement
- Beach 8 miles, shop 1 mile, pub walking distance
- The bedroom has a TV and DVD player
- Ready inflatable bed is available for children aged 8 and under
- Property adjoined to the owners home, Privacy is assured
It’s no surprise that Exeter has become a popular destination in Devon for holidays. Within easy reach of the beach and a thriving city centre, Exeter in Devon is the perfect location for your 2020 summer holiday. We spend time sourcing the best Exeter Holiday Cottages, so that you don’t miss out on the best holiday deals. From luxury breaks, to pet friendly Exeter cottage holidays. Choose from our large selection of holiday cottages in Exeter below.