Located in Challacombe, Devon
Beautiful property located on a small working farm with Exmoor Horn Sheep, Dexter Cattle and chickens, this is the perfect retreat for a family getaway in the heart of North Devon.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 3
Situated within the Exmoor National Park, a beautiful rugged moorland offering many miles of scenic walks and cycle paths. If you fancy a day at the beach Combe Martin and Woolacombe are a short drive away. Also, close by, are the picturesque towns of Lynton and Lynmouth with its famous cliff railway providing a great day out for all the family. Other places of interest in the area include Exmoor Zoo, Combe Martin Wildlife Park, and the town of Barnstaple and South Molton are a short drive that offers an array of amenities.
Entering through a covered porchway you will be welcomed into the country style kitchen/diner with beautiful exposed beams, well-equipped with electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and coffee machine. This provides the perfect place to cook a meal and sit down all together at the dining table for a great family get together. Just off the kitchen, you will find the master bedroom, with super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made into a twin on request) with Smart TV, DAB Radio, Bluetooth soundbar and en-suite shower room with shower and WC. This bedroom also has a fully glazed door with access onto the patio via a small private footpath and has far-reaching views over Exmoor. After dinner, there is plenty of room for everyone in the lounge, where you can all sit and relax and watch a movie together on the Smart TV/DVD and Blu-ray player. Or you can just sit and admire the breathtaking views over Exmoor from the double patio doors. Heading further into the house you will find the remaining three bedrooms. A twin with Smart TV, DAB Radio and Bluetooth speaker, another super-king-size zip-and-link (which can be made into a twin on request) with Smart TV, DAB Radio and Bluetooth speaker and finally a king-size with Smart TV, DAB Radio and Bluetooth speaker and en-suite shower room with shower and WC. Completing the accommodation is a large bathroom with bath, large separate shower and WC.
Heading outside from the patio doors in the lounge, you can spend some quality family time in the garden. With rustic two-tier stone patio with garden furniture and hot tub, a beautifully landscaped rocky area to one side of the garden and a large lawn to the other with stunning views over the newly planted orchard which is great for walking your dogs. There is off-road parking for three medium-sized cars on the cobblestone entrance at the front of the property.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- A truly spectacular 'away from it all' retreat within Exmoor National Park
- Relax in your own private hot tub on a warm summers evening
- Spend an afternoon in the garden with a two-tiered stone patio and large lawn, overlooking the orchard
- Take a day trip to one of the golden sandy beaches at Woolacombe and Combe Martin
- 4 bedrooms 2 super king-size zip and links (which can be made into a twin on request), 1 twin and 1 king size
- 2 en suite shower rooms and 1 bathroom
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and coffee machine
- Electric and central heating included
- Off-road parking for 3 medium-sized cars
- Wi-Fi included
- 3 dogs welcome
- Beach 8 miles, shop and pub within walking distance
- Smart TV/DVD and Blue-ray player in the lounge, Smart TV, DAB Radio and Bluetooth speaker in all bedrooms
Challacombe offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Challacombe can offer.