Located in Halwell, Devon
This semi-detached cottage is situated on a traditional working farm one mile from Halwell and can sleep eight people in three bedrooms.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 3
East Bickleigh is a semi-detached cottage converted from a 17th century farmhouse on a traditional working farm a mile from the South Devon village of Halwell. The cottage sleeps eight people in three en suite bedrooms, a double, a twin and a family room with French windows to steps to the patio. On the ground floor is a sitting room with wood burning stove and dining area and a kitchen with French windows to steps to the patio. Outside is the patio with furniture and barbecue, a shared indoor swimming pool, play area, trampoline and games room and a big farm to wander, plus parking for six cars. East Bickleigh is a welcoming base for a fun family break in Devon.
East Bickleigh is one of two cottages converted from a farmhouse dating from the 1600s. Comfortable and characterful with all the brilliant farm facilities to share, it is the ideal accommodation for a family of any age. The sitting room is full of charming traditional features like the wood floor with cosy rugs, beams and a wood-burning stove in the fireplace to snuggle up beside. The kitchen is well equipped with modern conveniences for cooking meals to enjoy in the dining area in the sitting room, and your eye will be drawn to the sunny French windows and the fascinating old well which has now been safely covered with glass as an interesting and historic feature. Head on upstairs to bed in the three comfortable bedrooms, all en suite with a huge Victorian bath off the twin and French windows off the family room. Outside is the farm to wander and the shared pool and games, and you also have your own patio with barbecue up steps for enjoying the peace.
- Underfloor heating with wood burning stove
- Microwave, fridge, fridge, freezer, washer-dryer, dishwasher, TV with DVD, WiFi, Fuel and power inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off-road parking for six cars
- Children's play area, barbecue, indoor pool
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Note: Swimming pool is available from 8am to 8pm, and is closed on Tuesdays from 2pm to 3
- 15pm and Wednesdays from 9
- 15am to 10
- 30am in term time; occasionally the pool is also used by owners' family and friends
Halwell is a small village in wooded farmland equidistant from the busy little town of Kingsbridge and popular Totnes.