Located in Sheepwash, Devon
Dove Lodge is a detached lodge in Highampton, near Sheepwash, in Devon and can sleep two people in one bedroom and is pet-friendly.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Dove is a charming lodge resting on Legge Farm Cause Fishery in Highampton, near Sheepwash, in Devon. Hosting one king-size bedroom and a shower room, this property can sleep two guests. There is also an open-plan living space with a kitchen, dining room and a sitting room. Outside there is off-road parking, decking with furniture, and an enclosed lawn. Dove is a wonderful location for a peaceful fishing holiday to Devon.
Enjoying a peaceful position on a private fishery, Dove is a charming lodge offering two avid anglers a relaxing getaway to Devon. Near to the village of Sheepwash, Dove lies in the perfect position for touring the best walking trails Devon has to offer, along with Dartmoor National Park and the North Devon coast.
Take the few steps up onto the decking and step through the front door to find a beautiful open-plan living space; double doors open onto the decked area, flooding the space with natural light where you can unwind on the sofas before the TV, before preparing your evening meal. Discover a well-equipped kitchen housing all you need to rustle up tasty treats, with a dining table for two to enjoy romantic meals. Follow the hall down to the bedroom, passing a convenient hidden cupboard for coats and shoes, to find an elegant space to retire to with a king-size bed and sleek, fitted wardrobe storage. The shower room hosts a corner shower cubicle to freshen up in, along with a heated towel rail to keep you warm.
Spend time out on your own private decking enjoying the sun, while your dog enjoys the enclosed lawned area.
Dove is the perfect choice for a couple's relaxing rural break to Devon.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, TV
- Fuel and power are included in rent
- Bed linen and towels are included in rent
- Off-road parking
- Decking with outdoor furniture and enclosed lawned area
- One well-behaved dog is welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop just over 2½ miles, a pub just over 1 mile
- Note: Although ground floor, there are three steps to the front door
- Note: Guidebooks and fishing advice are available on-site, please contact the owner for more information
- Note: Please bring your own fishing equipment
- Note: Fishing charges will apply and some bait will be for sale, please contact the owner for details
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead when on the fishery and due to unfenced lakes
Sheepwash is a small but pretty village with some thatched cottages near the River Torridge. It has a community shop and post office with the attraction of the Half Moon Inn which offers traditional home-cooked food, plus for those who like fishing, 7 miles of private fishing for Salmon, Sea Trout and Brown Trout, or field sports for those who enjoy shooting. The famous Tarka Trail is picked up here for the walking enthusiasts and just 15 minutes drive is Holworthy Golf Club. Torview Vineyard in the village itself offers a local tour of their family-run Winery. Visit the castle dating back to the 14th century, and Atlantis shopping Village in Okehampton. RHS Rosemore and Dartington Crystal Visitors Centre is at Great Torrington which is 8 miles away.