Dipple Dairy Cottage
Located in Woolfardisworthy, Devon
A superb peaceful location in the heart of beautiful North Devon this Grade II listed barn, adjacent to the owners' farmhouse, is situated on a 27 acre small holding with a variety of farm animals.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
The farm was once a 100-acre dairy farm, now reduced to 27 acres guests are welcome to walk around the farm and land. The village of Woolsery is the closest for amenities and offers a convenience store, and recently reopened pub, fish and chip shop and restaurant. Hartland Point with its lighthouse, abbey, quay and pub all just 15 minutes away, the beautiful unspoilt picturesque villages of Clovelly and Bucks Mill are both within 10 minutes, or Appledore, Westward Ho! and Saunton Sands are all easily reached on the A39. Sample some of the regions food produce at a local food market, held monthly at Bude and Hartland.
The barn, adjacent to the owner’s farmhouse, is situated in a superb peaceful location in the heart of beautiful North Devon. On entering the property, you will notice the character features including the exposed stonework and beams. The lounge/kitchen/diner is arranged across an open plan space with a cosy wood burner as a focal point at the end of the room. The kitchen area consists of electric cooker and hob, integrated fridge with freezer section, dishwasher and microwave. There is one double bedroom with king-size bed, with TV/DVD and DAB / iPod dock. Accessed through the bedroom is the en suite wet room with bath, shower and WC. The wet room is equipped with a portable folding chair, bath mat & grab rail.
Directly outside of the property is a patio area with garden furniture and BBQ, and an additional seating area across the farm track. Exploring the 27 acres of land further there is an orchard, the farms polytunnel and vegetable garden where guests will be able to pick their own seasonal salads and vegetables to accompany your BBQ or home-cooked dinners. Weather dependant guests are also welcome to try a spot of fishing at either of the two rivers that run along the edge of the farm’s boundary. There is off-road parking for 1 car.
- Grade II listed barn located in the heart of beautiful North Devon within 27 acres of farmland
- Bude with its fabulous sandy beaches and cafes is 25 minutes’ drive
- River accessible (weather dependent) from the property with salmon and brown trout
- Local produce available to purchase directly from the farm including seasonal fruit, veg and eggs (chicken and duck)
- 1 bedroom king size bed
- En suite wet room with bath, shower and WC
- The wet room is equipped with a portable folding chair, bath mat and grab rail
- Electric oven, hob, fridge with ice compartment, dishwasher and microwave
- Regret no washing machine, however, washing service available by arrangement with owner
- 2 dogs welcome
- Woodburner (logs included)
- Electric and night storage heating included
- Wi fi included
- Increased accessibility please ensure you refer to our FAQs
- TV and DVD in the lounge and bedroom
- Patio area with garden furniture and BBQ
- Further 27 acres to explore including woodland, rivers and farmland
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Shop and pub 2 miles, beach (Bucks Mills) 5 miles
Woolfardisworthy, formerly Woolsery, is a pretty village near the towns of Crediton and Bideford. Although peaceful, the village has a shop, a fish and chip shop, and a pub. It makes an ideal base to explore North Devon. There are ample opportunities to explore the countryside either by bike or on foot here. The seashore from Bideford is part of the National Trust’s Heritage Coastline and has breathtaking walks and dramatic cliffs to discover. For days out, visit The Milky Way Adventure Park in Higher Clovelly or the North Devon Wake Park.