Located in Salcombe, Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
A charming, stone, fishermans’ cottage which has been renovated, furnished and decorated to a high standard. The property is conveniently situated in the heart of Salcombe, yards from the water, main street and shops.
- Dewberry Cottage is ideally located in the centre of Salcombe, making it a great base for your family escape to this sought after area
- Front door to Sitting Room: stripped oak floors and beamed ceilings throughout, feature stone fireplace and gas coal effect stove, window seat, 26" digital TV with integral DVD
- Double doors to Kitchen/Dining Room: window seat, kitchen area is fully fitted, gas hob, electric oven, combi microwave, fridge, door to courtyard
- Storage shed: basin, washer/dryer
- Stairs to First floor
- Bedroom 1: double bed (4’6’’)
- Bedroom 2: twin beds (3’)
- Bedroom 3: bunks
- Bathroom: bath with shower over, basin, WC
- Outside: small courtyard/drying area, table & 2 chairs
- Parking: Annual season ticket provided for town car park
- Duvets and pillows, bed linen and towels provided
- Wifi available
- Gas central heating and hot water
- No smoking
- One well behaved dog welcome in mid and low season only
- Please note that this property sleeps a maximum of 4 adults
- A charming, stone, fishermans’ cottage which has been renovated, furnished and decorated to a high standard
- The property is conveniently situated in the heart of Salcombe, yards from the water, main street and shops
We loved Dewberry Cottage - well decorated, spacious, very clean and a great location. We would highly recommend Dewberry Cottage.
Lying within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Salcombe is a hugely popular resort town close to the mouth of the Kingsbridge Estuary. There are plenty of sandy beaches nearby including the pet-friendly Salcombe North Sands which is just a short walk from Salcombe town center. The Winking Prawn has a fantastic outside seating area and renowned food and is within yards of the beach. Travel to South Sands Beach from Salcombe's Whitestrand Quay on the South Sands Ferry and find large areas of golden sand perfect for making sand castles and rock pools to explore as well as Bo’s Beach Café which also sells beach accessories. East Portlemouth Beach is another that can be reached by ferry and is a series of coves with golden sands and clear blue water more reminiscent of beaches in the Indian Ocean making a swim almost irresistible. If you are looking for a walk with a difference wait for low tide and make your way up to Mill Bay along the coast for another great beach experience.
Lots of activities in Salcombe, both on and off the water. With the calm estuary there is a great choice of water based activities including sea kayaks, paddle boarding, a surf school, sailing both yacht and dinghy, estuary cruises both leisurely and adrenalin filled, schools for yachting and power boats and even donut rides and coasteering. Off the water relax at the Salcombe Distillery at the tasting bar or create your own gin at the gin school. Try your hands at the Salcombe Shooting School or travel up to Pennywell Farm and see all the animals and cuddle a miniature pig! Soft play can be found at Kidz and Co for those rainy days. The Brownston Gallery is one of Devon's finest art galleries showing contemporary pieces from both established and emerging artists. The walking here is excellent with a 3 mile walk along the South West Coast Path to Bolt Head being among the most popular with stunning coastal views.
Places to visit while staying in Salcombe include the Salcombe Maritime Museum, a collection of models, paintings, photographs and artefacts which tell the story of Salcombe’s links with ships and the sea. Carved into the cliff 80m above the sea, Overbeck’s Gardens and Museum provides breath-taking views over Salcombe Estuary with a diverse collection of plants and an interesting history. Finally, you are in a stunning part of the country whether you are attracted by the coastline or the countryside the Salcombe area delivers on all fronts.