Dartridge Farm Cottage
Located in Chulmleigh, Devon
A delightful cottage which now offers cosy accommodation on a 125-acre family farm, guests will enjoy a real farm experience in a peaceful valley in the heart of the Devon countryside.
- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
This charming cottage sets you just one mile from the village of Chulmleigh with its small shops, pubs, riding stables and golf courses. Venture slightly further afield and the countryside will give way to the wonderful North Devon beaches such as Saunton and Woolacombe. Within the area, there are numerous attractions to suit all tastes including rugged Dartmoor and Exmoor, RHS Rosemoor Gardens, Cobbaton Combat Museum, various National Trust properties and family theme parks such as the Milky Way and the Big Sheep.
Enter the cosy cottage to find an open plan lounge/kitchen/diner, which is equipped with all the essentials for a comfortable stay. In the kitchen area, there is an electric oven, microwave, fridge, freezer and washing machine. The lounge offers a TV/DVD and portable CD player, and just off from this there is a dining table and chairs for mealtimes together. On the first floor, you will find the two bedrooms, both of which are very welcoming after a day of exploring, and consist of one double bedroom and one single. You will also find the bathroom with shower over bath and WC.
At the front of the property, you will have your own enclosed patio with seating, BBQ and lovely views across the farm. The owners welcome you to look around the farm and enjoy the many natural attractions on offer. Watch the animals, explore on foot, and wander the adjacent 25 acres of natural woodland and along the riverbank, which borders the farm. There is ample parking available.
- Located in a tranquil valley in the heart of the Devon countryside
- Watch the animals, wander the land and enjoy a true farm experience
- Explore the 25 acres of a Devon County Wildlife site woodland and stroll along the riverbank
- Within easy reach of the North Devon coast, Dartmoor and Exmoor
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 single
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Towels included
- Electric oven, microwave, fridge, freezer and washing machine
- TV/DVD and a portable CD player
- Electric fire set into feature fireplace
- Night storage heaters available, October to April included
- 1 dog welcome
- Regret no smoking in the property
- Enclosed patio with seating and BBQ
- Electric included
- Wi-Fi included
- Pub, shop, riding stables and golf course less than 1 mile
- Guests are welcome to explore the farm, watch the animals, explore the adjacent 25 acres of natural woodland or walk the bordering river bank
- Ample parking
- Long unmade farm lane on approach
Chulmleigh is a pretty, small, Saxon hilltop market town dotted with thatched and cob cottages. The towns of High Bickington and South Molton are both 17 minutes away and the village of Chawleigh is 6 minutes away by car for your local provisions. The Little Dart runs through Chulmleigh, leading to the Valley Walk and Two Moores Way which make up some of the 180-mile Tarkka Trail and making this very popular for walkers. The ancient woodland in Eggedford woods is popular with horticulturalists as unusual plants and trees grow here. The Tarkka train Line can be picked up from Eggesford and runs to Barnstaple. Chulmleigh has open playing fields which are dog friendly. There is also an adventure playground for the children to explore.