Located in Beer, Devon
This townhouse in Beer sleeps six people in four bedrooms.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
Craft Cottage is a Grade II listed townhouse in Beer, close to the beach and the town amenities. The cottage has four bedrooms – two king-size doubles, a double and a single, over the top two floors of the cottage. There is also a shower cubicle in one of the rooms, a bathroom on the first floor and a ground floor WC. The kitchen is well equipped, and the sitting room has a dining area and a gas fire. Outside is off road parking for one car 200 yards, and a rear patio. Craft Cottage makes a wonderful character base for enjoying this lovely part of Devon.
A three-storey Grade II listed town house in the heart of Beer, a pretty and unspoilt fishing village on the South Devon coast. Fabulously presented with every attention to detail, and with some interesting period features including exposed wooden beams, this cottage is a fabulous welcoming holiday home. The front door, opening directly off the village square, leads into an attractive sitting room with large stone fireplace, window seats, a deep comfy leather sofa and a dining area, making it a really sociable room for the family on holiday. There is a petite kitchen, and a utility room leading to the garden, which is sunny, enclosed and has a footpath up to a cute summerhouse, a comfy little hideaway with furniture. There are two spacious bedrooms on the first floor, including the master king-size double which has a sofa and TV, so that adults can escape for a bit of peace and quiet at the end of a busy day on Beer beach. There are two further double bedrooms on the second floor, one with a shower. A short stroll from this cosy cottage takes you to the small pebbly cove, teeming with fishing boats and cafes. With numerous interesting places to visit nearby, including Seaton, Axminster, Branscombe and Sidmouth, this Devon holiday home is a perfect family base.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, iPod docks, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off-road parking for 1 car in car park 200 yards from the cottage
- Additional parking in another car park 2 mins walk away, weekly permit required
- Enclosed patio and small lawned area with furniture, summerhouse and furniture
- One well behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Beach 5 mins walk
- Bus stop opposite the property
- Note: Patio and garden are steep and tiered with steps separating each area, children to be supervised
- Note: This property benefits from a central location in Beer, associated traffic may be heard
Lying on the eastern edge of the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is the small coastal fishing village of Beer. Located perfectly for exploring the World Heritage Jurassic Coast the village has a shingle beach surrounded by white chalk cliffs creating a natural sun trap. There are plenty of places to eat out in the village with further options in the surrounding villages. Lots to do and see including Pecorama, a 9-acre site overlooking the sea with the Beer Heights Light Railway travelling through impressive gardens. The Beer Quarry Caves is a series of stunning underground caves filled with exhibits and stone carvings. The Beer Village Heritage Centre will tell you all about the rich history of the area while Marine House shows work by over 100 artists both local and national.