Located in Brixham, Devon
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Set in the picturesque harbour town of Brixham, this modernised fisherman’s cottage makes a homely retreat for two. The open plan living, kitchen and dining space makes a bright welcoming area to sit back and unwind with bi-fold doors leading out to the tranquil shared garden. With plenty of space on the lawn for you to let your dog stretch its legs, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the sea views.
Back inside, the views from the bedroom make every day feel special. The vista of the marina and out to sea means you will wake up to the sights of the boats on the water. We can’t think of a more impressive backdrop to those leisurely lie-ins. And when you’re ready to head outside and discover Brixham, you will find there is something for everyone in this traditional fishing port.
If you’re keen to take in some of the coastal scenery that’s made The English Riviera famous, pick up the South West coast path and walk your way around to the Berry Head National Nature Reserve. The area is dotted with beaches including Churston and Fishcombe coves, the Breakwater Beach and St Mary’s Bay.
Recently named one of the 10 coolest seaside towns in the UK, you’ll find Brixham in the ever-popular Torbay, and with a thriving cafe culture and eclectic mix of seafood restaurants, bistro’s, traditional pubs and trendy bars that centre around the busy harbour, the town’s cobbled streets and spectacular coastal scenery have made it a firm favourite with visitors to South Devon.
- A Fisherman’s Cottage with views across Brixham marina, perfect for a couples’ retreat
- Ground Floor: Open plan living space
- Living area: With Freeview Smart TV, DVD player, Bluetooth stereo speaker, USB sockets, a selection of DVDs, books, board games and bi-fold doors leading to garden
- Dining area
- Kitchen area: With double electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer
- First Floor:Bedroom: With double bed, Freeview TV, USB sockets and en-suite with shower cubicle and toilet
- Heating, gas, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included
- Large, enclosed garden with patio and garden furniture (shared with neighbours)
- On-road parking
- No smoking
- Please note: This property has a security deposit of £75
No reviews found.
Brixham is a beautiful harbourside town on the South Devon coast on the English Riviera. Brixham has a rich maritime history and a full-size replica of the Golden Hind can be found in the Inner Harbour. A short walk further on takes you to the Brixham Battery Heritage Centre with magnificent panoramic views across the bay or find out more at the Brixham Heritage Museum.
There are regular ferry trips to Paignton and Torquay or you can book a wildlife sea-fari or a fishing trip. The area is great for learning to sail which can be done at the Torbay Sea School or crew the 78-foot heritage sailing ketch for a morning, afternoon or evening sailing trip. There are a number of festivals throughout the year including the popular Pirate Festival which attracts thousands of visitors. For relaxation, it is hard to beat Breakwater Beach, an award-winning Blue Flag beach close to the mouth of the harbour.