Located in Brixham, Devon
Beautifully renovated throughout, this property displays a tasteful blend of Victorian architecture and contemporary design.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Located around 200 metres from Furzeham Green park, this property is the perfect choice for families with young children or dogs. A ten-minute walk will bring you to Brixham harbour, where a range of fishing and boating trips together with seasonal attractions and events can be enjoyed. Sample freshly caught seafood all year round in one of Brixham’s popular restaurants or take to the coast path to discover fantastic scenery and nearby Churston Ferrers and Fishcombe Cove.
A spacious entrance hall welcomes you into the house where you can leave coats, boots and bags before continuing through to the lounge. With a large bay window, original feature fireplace and bookshelves, this is a calming space that is perfect to relax and enjoy the TV and DVD player. Also on the ground floor is a Double bedroom with a full-length mirror, built-in clothes storage and plenty of hanging space. Enjoy mealtimes on the lower ground floor where you will find an open-plan, sociable and bright kitchen/dining room with a table to seat six. The kitchen opens out onto the patio for extra light and airiness and contains a gas hob, high-level built-in electric oven, large fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher. Also on this floor is a handy utility room, which houses the washer/dryer, iron, ironing board and plenty of storage, as well as an additional bathroom. On the first floor, a king-size bedroom overlooks the town and benefits from plenty of storage space, while a spacious and contemporary family bathroom with a large bay window features an impressive double-ended twin bath, WC and washbasin. Approached via a narrow staircase, the attic floor is perfect for children with twin beds, a bedside table, a chest of drawers and a hanging rail.
Outside, a south-facing patio garden with table and chairs is an ideal spot to sit out and enjoy the sunshine with an alfresco meal. Off-road parking is available 200 yards from the property, within a private carport, which can be arranged directly with the owner prior to arrival at an additional charge
- Ideally placed to enjoy scenic coastal walks to Churston Ferrers and Fishcombe Cove
- Relax in the private balcony area
- Light and bright holiday home with stunning décor and original features retained throughout
- Enjoy a ten-minute stroll to Brixham harbour or enjoy Furzeham Green park, perfect for young children and dogs which is 200m from the property
- 3 bedrooms 1 king-size, 1 double and 1 twin
- 2 bathrooms
- Gas hob, electric oven, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher
- Washer/dryer, iron, ironing board and storage in the utility room
- TV and DVD player
- Wi-Fi is available
- Coal effect gas fire
- Patio with garden furniture and BBQ
- Bed linen and towels included
- Electric and heating included
- The attic room is accessed via a narrow staircase
- Private parking space available for 5 per day
- 2 dogs welcome
- Brixham is a busy fishing village situated on a very steep hill, so access to some parts of the village can be challenging
- Many of the amenities and cottages in Brixham are accessed via steps some of which can be steep
- There are many small winding streets that are not suitable for cars
Brixham is a beautiful harbourside town on the South Devon coast on the English Riviera. Brixham has a rich maritime history and a full-size replica of the Golden Hind can be found in the Inner Harbour. A short walk further on takes you to the Brixham Battery Heritage Centre with magnificent panoramic views across the bay or find out more at the Brixham Heritage Museum.
There are regular ferry trips to Paignton and Torquay or you can book a wildlife sea-fari or a fishing trip. The area is great for learning to sail which can be done at the Torbay Sea School or crew the 78-foot heritage sailing ketch for a morning, afternoon or evening sailing trip. There are a number of festivals throughout the year including the popular Pirate Festival which attracts thousands of visitors. For relaxation, it is hard to beat Breakwater Beach, an award-winning Blue Flag beach close to the mouth of the harbour.