Clovelly Lakes Sky Lark Lodge Seven
Located in Clovelly, Devon
Providing a great base from which to explore North Devon and Cornwall, this lovely lodge is perfectly situated just a short drive from the coast and amidst stunning lakes and an abundance of wildlife.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Ideally situated for a unique trip to Lundy Island and the opportunity to enjoy a range of Devon’s highlights. Westward Ho! is close by with its two-mile stretch of sandy beaches, arcades and independent eateries. Bude is slightly further afield, although still an easy drive with several sandy beaches, golf course, canal-side artisan cafes, surf shops, a local history museum and an art gallery. The pretty coastal villages of Appledore and Instow are also well worth a visit and offer a variety of fish restaurants, bars and delicatessens. Other attractions such as Hartland Abbey and Hartland Quay, The Milky Way, The Big Sheep Adventure Park, Dartington Crystal and RHS Rosemoor are also within easy reach.
Head up three steps to this lakeside lodge and through the double doors leading into the open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner. The kitchen is well-equipped with an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. After a busy day, relax in the lounge area with comfortable seating, either watching a film on TV or reading a magazine. Continue through the lodge to the three bedrooms: two king-size, one with lovely views overlooking the lake, and a bunk room with a standard single bottom bunk and a small single top bunk which is suitable for a child. Completing the accommodation is the shower room with a large double walk-in shower and WC.
On a warm summer’s evening head out onto the large balcony which wraps around the lodge, perfect for alfresco dining, or relaxing whilst watching the wildlife over the lake.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Set in a peaceful and idyllic location within a 320 acre farm with woodland and forestry walks
- 40 acre grounds showcasing the natural beauty and with six fishing lakes fed by running water
- Close to the South West Coast Path for cliff top walks with beautiful scenery
- 3 bedrooms 2 king-size and 1 bunk room
- 1 shower room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- On-site laundry room available
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Electric heaters
- TV and DVD player
- Wi-Fi available (please kindly note that suitable for general browsing only, and not streaming)
- Ample off road parking on site
- Raised private balcony accessed via 3 steps
- Charcoal BBQ available
- 2 dogs welcome
- Complimentary family friendly fishing available over 5 lakes (several species of mirror carp and common ghosties varying in sizes up to 20lb, plus bream at 12lbs, roach up to 2lbs, tench up to 5lbs and perch up to 4lbs)
- Beach, popular gastro pub and well-stocked village shop, all 2 miles
- Sleeps 5 1 (Bunkroom suitable for 1 adult 1 child)
Clovelly is a beautiful, fishing village, steeped in history, once owned by the Queen of England. The town of Bideford is just 20 minutes away. The picturesque cottages are all set into the cleft of a cliff which leads to an ancient working port. The village has breathtaking views down the traffic-free high street and the accessibility around the village is via donkey or sled. The village has 2 inns and traditional craft shops. Take a guided tour of the village, visit Clovelly Court Gardens or Clovelly's small shingle beach. Visit The Milkyway Adventure Park at Higher Clovelly, Barnstaple Bay or the North Devon Wake Park which is an adventure playground on water.