Clovelly Lakes Partridge Lodge Four
Located in Clovelly, Devon
Surrounded by an abundance of wildlife and stunning lakes, this lovely lodge is perfectly situated just a short drive from the coast and provides great base from which to explore North Devon and Cornwall.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 3
A superb holiday location in rural North Devon, set in acres of unspoilt countryside, which hosts an abundance of wildlife such as badgers, foxes, rabbits and many types of birds. The six lakes lying within forty acres are stocked with carp, roach, rudd, tench, bream and perch, offering a fine sport for the angler. There is a wide choice of beaches nearby, including Bude, Westward Ho! and the sandy dunes of Instow. Just down the road is the unique fishing village of Clovelly, with its steep cobbled streets and quaint harbour. More local attractions are available such as The Milky Way Adventure Park, The Big Sheep, and Dartington Crystal.
Enter this double-storey lodge into the homely, open plan lounge/kitchen/diner. The warm and inviting lounge area offers comfortable seating and somewhere to relax, either with a good book or whilst catching up with your favourite programme on the TV. The kitchen is equipped with everything you need to cook up a storm for the family, including electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. There is a separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board, leading to a shower room with luxury jet spray shower and WC. Head upstairs and you will find three bedrooms: one spacious double, one large twin and one bunk room, which is only suitable for children. Completing the first floor is the family bathroom with bath and WC. Please be mindful of the sloping ceilings in all rooms on this floor.
On a warm, clear evening take a glass of your favourite tipple out onto the balcony which overlooks the lake. Here sit gazing at the stars, listening to the sounds of the countryside and enjoying the clean, fresh Devon air.
- Set in a peaceful and idyllic location within a 320-acre farm with woodland and forestry walks
- 40 acre grounds showcasing natural beauty and with six fishing lakes fed by running water
- Close to the South West Coast Path for cliff top walks with beautiful scenery
- Sleeps 4 + 2
- 3 bedrooms 1 double, 1 twin and 1 bunk room
- 1 bathroom and 1 shower room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
- Cot and highchair available
- Night storage and electric heating
- TV and DVD player
- Wi-Fi available (please kindly note that suitable for general browsing only and not streaming)
- Raised private balcony accessed via 3 steps
- Charcoal BBQ available
- 3 dogs welcome
- Ample off road parking on site
- Complimentary family-friendly fishing available over 5 lakes (several species of mirror carp and common ghosties varying in sizes up to 20lb, plus bream at 12lbs, roach up to 2lbs, tench up to 5lbs and perch up to 4lbs)
- Beach, popular gastro pub and well-stocked village shop, all 2 miles
- Sleeps 4 2 (bunk room suitable for children only)
Clovelly is a beautiful, fishing village, steeped in history, once owned by the Queen of England. The town of Bideford is just 20 minutes away. The picturesque cottages are all set into the cleft of a cliff which leads to an ancient working port. The village has breathtaking views down the traffic-free high street and the accessibility around the village is via donkey or sled. The village has 2 inns and traditional craft shops. Take a guided tour of the village, visit Clovelly Court Gardens or Clovelly's small shingle beach. Visit The Milkyway Adventure Park at Higher Clovelly, Barnstaple Bay or the North Devon Wake Park which is an adventure playground on water.