Located in Diptford
Charford Manor is located close to Diptford and sleeps 4 across 2 bedrooms and is pet-friendly.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
Charford Manor is a spacious, light and airy detached house located to the outskirts of the South Hams village of Avonwick that nestles on the banks of the River Avon. Surrounded by wooded hills and stunning rolling Devon countryside, this charming period property boasts impressive far-reaching views and is a short drive or leisurely stroll to the village pub. Perfectly designed for making the most of the glorious countryside views, Charford Manor boasts two spacious reception rooms both with wood burning stoves as well as two generous sized bedrooms, both of which are ensuite - perfect for a couple or friends. There is a sizeable South facing garden with a terrace, perfect for al fresco dining. It is a naturally light property where sunlight streams through the large feature windows, and having recently undergone sympathetic refurbishment, it is assured that the property won’t fail to delight. The welcoming but discreet owners live within the rear wing of the house with a separate entrance and garden which assures guests their privacy.
Avonwick is most conveniently located for exploring Devon’s countryside, coastline as well as being a stone’s throw from the majestic Dartmoor National Park with unsurpassed walking opportunities. Popular sandy and surfing beaches across the South Hams and English Riviera are easily accessible as is the bohemian market town of Totnes which is only 5 miles away and offers boutique shopping as well as boat trips down the River Dart to Dartmouth. Being just two miles from the A38 which is the main artery for exploring the whole of Devon and Cornwall, guests will be spoilt for choice of days out if they can be persuaded to the leave Charford Manor.
Please Note: Regret no under 18's except for babes in arms.
Door opens into side lobby with hooks and space for coats and boots. Spacious sitting room enjoying far-reaching views of the countryside with large inglenook fireplace inset with a wood burning stove, two sofas and TV with DVD / video player. Dining kitchen with a period dresser and a large oval table with 6 dining chairs. Modern fully equipped kitchen area with built-in double oven, gas hob, microwave, dishwasher, tall fridge, separate freezer and washing machine. Secondary lounge with feature bay window overlooking the garden and countryside beyond, fireplace inset with a wood burning stove, two leather sofas, CD player, TV with DVD player.
Feature wide staircase to the first floor which splits into a light first-floor landing. Master bedroom enjoying beautiful far-reaching views to front South-facing aspect, with 5ft king bed, built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers and en suite shower room with wash basin, walk-in shower, WC and heated towel rail. Bedroom 2 enjoys the same far-reaching views to the front South-facing aspect, a 6ft super-king bed (please note that this bed can be split into two 3ft single beds to create a twin, please request at the time of booking). Ensuite shower room with walk-in shower, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Charford Manor boasts a sizeable grassed garden which is terraced with two sets of steps plus a small pond. A large south-facing terrace overlooking the garden is furnished with a table, chairs, parasol and barbecue making it perfect for al fresco dining.
Ample off-road parking available.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, high chair, travel cot, complimentary first basket of logs (extra supplies can be purchased directly from the owners), electricity and central heating (fully carbon neutral biomass boiler system powered by wood pellets).
- Dogs: One well-behaved and sociable dog is welcome. A second dog may be considered at owner's discretion. Please note: Dogs are not allowed upstairs/in bedrooms. Pet Charge: £30.00 per week.
- Telephone: Mobile reception fair depending upon network, please check with your provider. Owner’s landline telephone available in an emergency.
- Local Facilities: Nearest Pubs: The Avon Inn in Avonwick (1 mile) and The Turtley Cornmill, near Avonwick (2 miles).
- South Brent (1.5 miles) with small supermarket, deli, bakery and fish van and free parking.
- Totnes (5 miles) with supermarkets, leisure facilities and an excellent selection of boutiques.
- Coastline and beaches at Paignton (12 miles); Bantham (13 miles); Blackpool Sands (14 miles); Thurlestone (14 miles).
- Southern fringes of Dartmoor National park within 10 minutes drive. Plymouth (18 miles).
Diptford offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Diptford can offer.