Located in Kingsbridge
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
Captain’s Lookout, as the name suggests, is a penthouse apartment with beautiful views of the Kingsbridge estuary. This second-floor apartment has been lovingly refurbished to include a smart kitchen, bright and airy lounge, two luxurious bedrooms and a stylish bathroom complete with freestanding bath. The pièce de resistance is the elevated decked terrace, perfectly situated to make the most of the beautiful views of the town and water and providing the perfect spot to watch the sunset with a glass of bubbly.
Needless to say, this comfortable and well-appointed apartment has been furnished to a high standard throughout with both style and comfort in mind.
A short stroll along the waterside promenade brings you to the town centre with its excellent range of shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes. The popular seaside towns of Salcombe and Dartmouth are nearby and the renowned South Hams beaches are also just a short drive away.
- Regret, no children under the age of 10 (including infants/babes in arms);
- There are 31 steps up to the front door, and a further 18 steps up to the terrace garden, accordingly this property is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with walking difficulties;
From the parking area, 31 steps lead up to the front door, opening to the entrance hall.
2 steps down to the open plan kitchen dining room.
Kitchen area with electric double oven, gas hob, microwave, Nespresso Magimix (guests to bring own pods), integrated fridge freezer, slimline dishwasher and washing machine.
Dining area with table to seat 4.
Bifold doors to lounge with beautiful views of the estuary, 2 sofas, Smart TV with DVD player.
Master bedroom with beautiful views of the estuary, 5ft king-size bed, Smart TV with DVD player (online capability only).
Bathroom with freestanding bath, walk-in shower, WC, basin and heated towel rail.
Bedroom two with 5ft king-size bed, Smart TV with DVD player (online capability only).
Accessed via a stone paved path (please note: there are 18 steps up within the path and this path is also used by a neighbouring apartment to access their garden). A timber gate leads into a beautiful private level decked terrace complete with glass balustrading to make the most of those all-important views. Furnished with table to seat 4 and parasol, a charcoal barbeque, an outside sofa and two arm chairs.
There is designated off-road parking (one space inside carport) for two cars in tandem to the side of the building.
- Included: Bed linen and towels (guests are required to provide their own beach/dog towels). Water, Electricity, gas central heating.
- Internet and telephone: Wi-Fi available free of charge. Regret, No landline telephone available. Mobile reception generally good with 4G widely available but please check with your provider prior to booking.
- Pets: Up to 1 small well behaved dog (over 12 months old – no puppies) welcome. Dog charge £30.00 per week.
- Electric cars: There is no electricity in the parking area for the charging of an electric car – please check nearest charge points prior to travelling.
Set within the popular South Hams district of South Devon, Kingsbridge is a market town sitting on the Salcombe estuary surrounded by beautiful countryside. Located in the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it is one of the most popular areas for visitors as it offers so much. The estuary provides plenty of options to get on the water whether fancy sailing, kayaking or stand up paddleboarding. If you are just looking for a day on the beach then Salcombe, East Portlemouth, Blackpool Sands or the two beaches at Thurlestone will all fit the bill. Walkers have a choice of walking a section of the South West Coast Path or heading inland and enjoying the many trails in the AONB. Plenty of options when wanting to eat out and some excellent towns and villages to explore nearby including Salcombe, Beesands, Dartmouth and Bigbury-on-Sea.