Located in Bere Alston, Devon
Detached Cottage in peaceful Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty valley setting. Ideal for walking and relaxing alike.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 4
This delightful barn conversion set in 90 acres with some beautiful walks straight from your doorstep. Cycling trails can be accessed from your doorstep, along with the Tamar Trails a short drive away, where you can walk or cycle. Bring your horse and explore the bridleways, stabling available at additional cost. From the cottage, you can enjoy the beautiful country views and tranquillity. Walk in the 23-acre bluebell wood, along the stream and listen to the birds and watch for deer. Take a walk through the wood along the footpath and road to Bere Ferrers and its 16-century pub, passing the river Tavy estuary with its abundant birdlife. Take your boat and launch in the nearby River Tamar. Nestled between Tavistock with its listed pannier market and Plymouth to the south, where you will be spoilt for choice with an array of shopping. Pubs, restaurants not to mention its wealth of day trips including the historic Hoe, National Marine Aquarium and Theatre Royal. Take the train from Bere Alston or Bere Ferrers. National Trust Buckland Abbey and Cothele are nearby as is the Garden House. Close by is Bere Alston with its shops and home bakery. For those who want to relax on the beach, there are many stunning beaches including Whitsand Bay and Looe.
The cottage is located adjacent to the owner’s property and offers private accommodation for two. Entering the cottage you will find the main living area to the left, the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner is on the ground floor of the property and offers a cosy sitting area, TV, and DVD. The kitchen breakfast bar to the right provides dining space, the kitchen itself is equipped with an oven, hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment, and washing machine. A door from the sitting room gives access to the property s terrace, where you can take time to sit and enjoy breakfast or a meal. Open tread wooden stairs lead to the first-floor bedroom, a double room, with its own TV, and en suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC.
Outside, there is a private, pretty plant-filled covered patio terrace to the rear of the property, which has a table and chairs for guests to enjoy alfresco dining, or perhaps just the tranquil surroundings. Sun loungers are provided for guests use and are kept in the garden shed. Guests also have access to the owner s gardens. There is plentiful off-road parking provided.
- Pretty cottage perfect for a couple’s getaway
- Situated close to 23 acres of private bluebell woodland
- Located in the attractive Tamar Valley close to Bere Alston and within easy reach of Dartmoor and south coast
- Close to Drakes Trail for walking and cycling and access to a network of valley paths direct from the cottage
- River launch available with parking available for a trailer
- 1 double bedroom
- Bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- TV/DVD, additional TV in the bedroom
- Wi-Fi included
- Electric oven, hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment and washing machine
- Electric and central heating included
- Ample off road parking provided, including space for trailers/boats
- Patio area with seating and BBQ
- Shared garden
- Enclosed a field and woodland to walk the dogs
- Please note that the stairs leading to the bedroom and bathroom are wooden and open tread
- Regret no children or babies
- 4 dogs welcome
- Beach 10 miles
- Shop and pub 2 miles
Bere Alston is a village near Yelverton. It has a shop, cafe, post office and a pub offering home-cooked food and local ales. There are a variety of walks to explore. There are popular walks along the River Tamar, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Visit The National Trust Buckland Abbey, explore the Grade one listed Abbey, walk around the extensive gardens and relax with refreshments from the cafe. Explore Burrator Reservoir, a dog-friendly walkers paradise in Dartmoor with stunning scenery. Bere Alston is an ideal base to explore all that Devon has to offer.