Cabana Lakeside Lodge 2
Located in Sampford Peverell, Devon
A truly relaxing getaway where you can enjoy peace and quiet whilst having a host of interesting places to visit and explore. A perfect retreat throughout the year.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 3
Located in a beautiful part of Mid Devon this superb lodge nestles in a shallow valley close to Tiverton. Perfectly placed, and easily accessible, they are ideal for weekend or mid-week getaways, offering a hassle-free and relaxing retreat. Stay longer, bring your pet and relish a slower pace of life. There is a huge choice of things to see and do, both Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks all within easy reach. Beach lovers can explore the world-renowned Jurassic coastline, including picturesque Lyme Regis, and the pretty seaside resorts of Sidmouth and Branscombe. There are also many National Trust Properties in the area including the Killerton and Knightshayes. Exeter is only a short drive away and here you can visit the stunning cathedral or just wander the variety of shops, restaurants and amenities. Closer to home, the town of Tiverton boasts a pretty canal and from here you can hire a barge for the day. Walkers and cyclists will also be spoilt for choice with the Blackdown Hills or the cycle route to tick off their list. After all that you will long to return to your lodge where you can sit back in the bubbling hot tub and just soak up the stunning views.
Stepping into the lodge you are immediately greeted by a bright and airy open plan lounge/kitchen/diner space with stylish furnishings and elegant touches, charcoal sofas, a wood burner and TV allow for cosy evenings and the large dining table with floor to ceiling sliding doors that allow sunshine breakfasts and al fresco lunches. The well-equipped kitchen has everything you need including electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and freezer as well as a dishwasher. The utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer and ample space for coats and walking boots. Two of the bedrooms are spacious and have super king-size zip and link (which can be made upon request) and one king-size, all bedrooms have sliding doors leading out to the decking. Each bedroom also has its own stylish en suite, two of the bedrooms have a freestanding bath and wet room shower and WC, and one bedroom has a wet room shower and WC.
Heading outside is a decked area with private hot tub, garden furniture, the patio area has dining table and chairs. Ample off road parking for two cars. Guests are free to use of the 11 acres, fishing on the lakes by arrangement with owner.
- Beautiful walks or cycling along the nearby Grand Western Canal where you can also take the horse-drawn canal boat
- One of four lodges set in 11 acres of glorious Devon countryside with two lakes and private hot tub
- Tiverton Parkway train station within a short drive of the lodges
- The delightful village of Sampford Peverell is within walking distance and boasts a shop and two pubs
- The spectacular nine-hole golf course at Westcountry Golf Academy is located nearby
- Close to the National Route three-cycle route from Land's End to Bristol
- 3 bedrooms 2 super king size with zip and link (can be made into a twin on request) and 1 king size
- 3 en suites 2 en suite bathrooms and 1 en suite shower room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge and freezer
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Charcoal BBQ (charcoal not provided)
- Electric and central heating included
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Wi-Fi included
- 3 dogs welcome
- Beach 24 miles, 2 pubs a short drive away
- TV in the lounge
- Private hot tub
Sampford Peverell is a village in mid-Devon with good facilities including a Spar shop, a farm shop with another farm shop with café in nearby Halberton and the Globe Inn at the centre of the village. The Grand Western Canal goes through the village dating back to 1814 and was declared a Nature Reserve in 2005 and is perfect for walking, cycling, boating and fishing and seeing the wildlife of the area. Places to visit include Bickleigh Mill, a working water mill, Coldharbour Mill, a 200-year-old wool mill, the Devon Railway Centre and Diggerland, a theme park where children and adults can ride and drive construction machinery.