Located in Bideford, Devon
Cosy cottage overlooking the river, ideally located to explore the Tarka Trail and conveniently situated within walking distance from Bideford with its village amenities and a short drive to your choice of beaches.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
A romantic retreat enjoying a riverside location in the harbour town of Bideford. Boasting a central location within walking distance of local amenities, and just a short drive from the local sandy beaches at Instow and Westward Ho!. Live like a local and make the most of exploring the local area with bicycle or kayak hire for an immersive visit to North Devon. A little further afield are also the beaches of Saunton and Croyde, both worth a visit.
On entering the cottage, you will find yourself in the utility room, the perfect place to hang up your coats and leave your muddy boots behind, also housed here is the washing machine and fridge and countertop freezer. Head through to the kitchen and lounge/diner, there is also a separate WC on this floor. The cosy kitchen has everything you need for your holiday home cooking requirements, equipped with electric oven and gas hob. There is also a coffee machine for those lazy mornings. Leading from the kitchen is the lounge/diner with plenty of space for two, relax in front of the TV, or take in the surroundings from the conservatory. Heading up to the first floor, the split, cottage style stairs take you up to the king size bedroom with views looking out over the river and town. There is also the bathroom with shower over bath and WC.
The conservatory leads out to the private garden with patio and raised decked area overlooking the river, relax on the outdoor bean bags or enjoy a spot of al fresco dining.
- Characterful cottage sits right on the waters edge with views across to Bideford town, combining stylish touches and traditional features it makes the perfect romantic getaway for two
- A short level stroll into the heart of the market town of Bideford with bustling quayside, shops, pubs and eateries
- A stone's throw from the Tarka Trail where you can enjoy traffic-free walking and cycling while exploring the rugged North Devon coastline
- 1 bedroom king size
- 1 bathroom and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven, gas hob and coffee machine
- Utility room with washing machine, fridge and countertop freezer
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no pets
- Beach 3 miles, shops, pubs and restaurants all within walking distance
- TV in the lounge
- Regret no children or infants
- Please note the staircase is steep and narrow
The historic maritime town of Bideford lies on the River Torridge on the North Devon Coast and makes for an excellent base to explore this area of Devon. With a great selection of shops, cafés, pubs, tea rooms and restaurants you won't need to leave the town for anything but there is so much to see and do in the area you will surely want to. Just a couple of miles away is Westward Ho!, with 2 miles of spectacular coastline and a Blue Flag awarded sandy beach. Just sit and enjoy the views or perhaps make a sandcastle or partake in one of the many water-based activities on offer including surfing. The walking is especially good around here with both the South West Coast Path and the Tarka Trail within easy reach. North Burrows Country Park provides 253 hectares of diverse landscapes to enjoy while the award-winning Big Sheep all-weather family attraction and the Ultimate Adventure Centre are just 1 mile away. In summary, this area offers so much for all ages with breathtaking scenery thrown in for free!