Located in , Devon
A retro school bus that has been lovingly presented in a rustic and eclectic style, now nestles in a secluded spot on a family-run farm adjacent to a vineyard, providing a relaxing off-grid couples retreat.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
The bus is situated down a private track in a secluded glade with open views of the countryside and ultimate privacy. It’s close to the Devon, Dorset and Somerset borders, enabling you to explore all three counties with ease. The coastal towns of Seaton and Lyme Regis are only a short drive away. Alternatively, stay closer to home and enjoy visiting Castlewood Vineyard nestled beneath the Iron Age Fort of Musbury Castle. Here, you can taste their fantastic wines and take in the breathtaking views from the top of the vineyard with a glass in hand, just a short walk from the bus. Other attractions and places of interest include the market town of Axminster, Axe Valley Wildlife Park, The Donkey Sanctuary, Lyme Regis Museum and Marine Aquarium, Seaton Tramway and numerous National Trust properties. Sample the many culinary delights the area has to offer in restaurants such as River Cottage, Hix Oyster and Fish House, The Pig at Combe and Robin Wylde just to name a few.
Step inside this beautifully converted 1970s former Canadian school bus and you will firstly find the surprisingly light and spacious living area. Here a comfortable lounge area is located beside a warming wood burner, and the intimate dining area provides a lovely venue for a laid-back meal at the end of the day. Also brilliantly designed and equipped is the kitchen where you will find all the essentials including a gas oven, hob and thermoelectric cool box. Venture further inside and you will discover the bedroom compartment complete with fabulous original retro fixtures and fittings, and a double bed. Completing the offering inside the bus is a compact yet perfectly appointed wet-room style shower with an integrated WC.
Head back outside where the bus is perfectly placed in a private and secluded setting with the vineyards to the north and the coast to the south. Here, garden furniture, a BBQ and a fire pit are provided; dine alfresco with ease during warm weather. Private off-road parking for one car is provided.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Fabulous 1970s Canadian school bus nestling in an idyllic rural Devon location close to the Somerset and Dorset borders
- Lovingly presented and equipped to provide relaxed living in an authentically retro and rustic space
- Perfectly placed just a short drive to the ever-popular Jurassic Coast and the coastal towns of Seaton and Lyme Regis
- 1 bedroom double
- 1 wet room style shower room with shower and WC
- Gas oven and hob, and thermoelectric cool box
- Wood burner (logs included)
- Charcoal BBQ
- Private off-road parking for 1 car
- This property offers an off-grid experience with no internet access, but the 4G signal is excellent
- Beach 2 miles, shop and pub within walking distance
offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what can offer.