Located in Tiverton, Devon
Bursting with character and charm, this inviting property is ideally situated to explore all that Devon has to offer and appeals to both families and couples.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Set in a convenient location, just a short drive from the M5 motorway, this charming cottage is attached to the owner’s property but privacy is assured throughout your stay. This is a great place to stay to make the most of the beautiful county of Devon. The nearby town of Tiverton has a pretty canal offering boat hire as well as a good range of shops and eateries. A plethora of National Trust properties is within easy reach including Knightshayes Court which is within walking distance. Families will enjoy exploring both coasts with Exmouth and Instow beaches only 45 minutes’ drive away as well as popular fun days at The Big Sheep and Crealy Theme Park.
Upon entering the property, you will find the large dining room with seating for everyone which leads you through to the large, comfortable lounge which provides ample seating, TV and a wood burner to snuggle up in front of on chillier evenings. The light and airy kitchen are set off the lounge with a lovely outlook onto the private garden. There is seating for four guests at the breakfast table along with an electric oven, gas hob, fridge and dishwasher. The utility area includes a washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer and microwave. Also on the ground floor is a WC. Head up the stairs leading to the first floor; you’ll find the king-size master bedroom which enjoys views out to the neighbouring paddock where you may spot the resident sheep. There is also a twin bedroom on this floor and a shower room with WC.
The pretty, enclosed garden is accessed from the kitchen and has a level lawn area offering plenty of space to play outdoor games and to enjoy a BBQ or al fresco dining in the warmer months. There is one off-road parking space for one car and off-road parking directly outside the property.
- Find beautiful riverside walks along the River Exe and the Grand Western Canal
- Large enclosed garden for afternoon play and al fresco dining
- Spacious, comfortable property with unique features and plenty of character
- Head down to the local shops in Tiverton or travel slightly further afield to the city of Exeter
- Exmoor National Park, Devon Railway Centre and North & South Devon beaches are a short drive away
- 2 bedrooms 1 king-size and 1 twin
- 1 shower room and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven, gas hob, fridge and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer and microwave
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Electric and central heating included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Wi-Fi included
- Towels included
- Enclosed lawned garden
- Off-road parking available for 1 car plus on-street parking directly outside the property
- Shop 1
- 5 miles and pub within walking distance
- TV in the lounge
Tiverton is a very pretty town set on the banks of the Great Western Canal. The town is steeped in history and heritage. The town has an array of shops and a major supermarket. There are a pannier market and flea and street markets on most days. The town has a selection of pubs and restaurants catering for all tastes. If you want to explore the countryside by bike, whether it's electric or manual these can be hired. For a great family day out visit Crealy Theme Park that is 25 minutes away, or Diggerland in Cullompton 20 mins away. The historic Exeter quayside is well worth a visit.