Beach View Appledore
Located in Appledore, Devon
A quaint and traditional former fisherman's cottage which is been renovated to create the perfect Appledore holiday home.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Set in one of Appledore’s many pretty pedestrianised streets, this lovely cottage allows guests to enjoy lovely views over the water towards the seaside village of Instow from a raised decking area and enclosed patio garden. Spend your days wandering the hidden cobbled streets of Appledore, or venture out to explore the seaside village of Clovelly or attractions such as The Big Sheep, The Milky Way, Dartington Crystal and RHS Rosemoor. There is also a wide range of National Trust properties and gardens within easy reach, perfect for a cloudy or rainy afternoon. The sand dunes of Instow are just a short drive away and Westward Ho! is a five-minute drive. At night, Appledore offers a wide range of quayside eateries and family pubs, all serving good food.
The holiday cottage offers two bedrooms on the first floor, which are accessed via steep stairs – one spacious double, one bunk with river views, the second double, which also has a TV is on the second floor accessed via another narrow flight of stairs and benefits from estuary views from the Velux windows. The family bathroom on the first floor has a shower over bath and WC. Entering the property into the dining area which has a dining table, chairs and a small selection of games for competitive fun. From the dining area, there are two steps into the lounge which has a TV/DVD to catch up on the best shows and a wood burner effect electric fire to relax in front of. If you’re staying in rather than going out to eat, the well-equipped kitchen one step up from the lounge, has an electric oven hob, fridge with an ice tray, coffee machine and microwave. There is also an external, basement with a washing machine and freezer.
Outside of the cottage, there is a small balcony accessed from the lounge, from here a set of external steps leads down to an enclosed decked garden with seating and river views, and also benefits from undercover seating. Roadside parking is available nearby.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Refurbished quaint fisherman’s cottage in the pretty fishing village of Appledore with river and estuary views of the Torridge and Taw
- A 5-minute drive from the sandy beaches of Westward Ho! and Northam and a range of family-friendly North Devon visitor attractions
- Close to the beautiful South West Coast Path, perfect for keen walkers
- 3 bedrooms 2 doubles and 1 bunk
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Kitchen with oven, fridge and microwave
- Utility room with freezer and washing machine
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Roadside parking available nearby
- Estuary beach 1 mile away, pub and shop walking distance
- TV/DVD and iPod docking station
- Bedrooms arranged over two floors and accessed via steep cottage stairs on split level and restricted head height in areas
Appledore is a small fishing village in North Devon. The village celebrates its local artists. The village is full of narrow streets, many of them cobbled. Here you that will find a lot of arts and crafts shops showcasing their work. A variety of pubs and restaurants offer a large range of local seafood. The village is has a privately owned shipyard that employs a lot of the locals. The quay is often occupied by local shipping vessels and yachts. Cruises are available to go up and down the estuary. A ferry takes passengers to the pretty village of Instow which has a sheltered Sandy beach and pier. A short walk away, along the river is Bideford Bay and Westward Ho. The nearest town is Barnstaple 21 minutes away.