Located in Dartmouth, Devon
Beautifully presented and pet-friendly accommodation, within a 10-minute walk from the heart of Dartmouth, sleeping four people in two en suite double bedrooms.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 1
Balmoral House is a stylishly furnished and well presented pet-friendly Grade II listed duplex apartment. Situated in a popular residential road, the property enjoys delightful views across the River Dart and is within a short 5-10 minute walk to the centre of this historic town.
Balmoral House is a stylishly furnished and well presented pet-friendly Grade II listed duplex apartment. Situated in a popular residential road, the property enjoys delightful views across the River Dart and is within a short 5-10 minute walk to the centre of this historic town. The front door leads into the entrance hall and into the dining room with a solid table and seating for six. The elegantly furnished lounge has an attractive period fireplace and offers lovely river views and is furnished with two large sofas and a matching footstool, flatscreen TV with Sky and DVD player. The modern well-equipped kitchen is accessed from the dining room and there is a separate utility shed on the terrace. There are two spacious en suite bedrooms both on the first floor. The master bedroom enjoys outstanding river views and is furnished with a wrought iron framed double bed and wall-mounted TV with an en suite shower room. Bedroom two has two single beds (which can be zipped together to create a super-King bed), a flat-screen TV and en suite shower room. There is also a further family bathroom and cloakroom. Outside, the property has a spacious terrace and raised deck with a table, four chairs and two sun loungers. Guests have complimentary use of the Dart Marina Spa with indoor swimming pool, steam room, gym and jacuzzi and a parking permit, for one car, is provided for use in the Mayors Avenue public car park in the town centre.
- Kitchen equipment includes a Rangemaster cooker with five-ring gas burner, integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher, microwave and Krups coffee machine
- An outside utility shed houses a washing machine and tumble dryer
- The living room has a flatscreen TV with Sky, DVD player, Roberts digital radio, period fireplace with coal-effect gas fire
- Both bedrooms have wall-mounted TV's
- Baby equipment: A high-chair, travel cot and stair-gate are available on request
- Spacious terrace and raised deck with a table, four chairs and two sun loungers
- A parking permit for one car is provided for the Mayors Avenue public car park (subject to availability)/Dartmouth Park and Ride
- Dart Marina Spa Pass included - regret no children under 16 Gas-fired combi boiler for Central heating and hot water
- One well-behaved dog permitted
- Please note that access via Above Town is narrow with a 6' width restriction in place
- Bed Linen and towels supplied
Situated on the banks of the picturesque River Dart, Dartmouth is a beautiful harbour town in South Devon, a perfect destination for all year round short breaks and holidays. Located within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Dartmouth provides stunning countryside surroundings with the coast within very close proximity making this area one of the most popular for visitors to Devon. The beautiful estuary and the coast are home to many watersports such as sailing, kayaking and paddleboarding or why not try surfing at one of the nearby surf schools. Relax on the sandy Blue Flag awarded Blackpool Sands Beach, one of the most popular family beaches in the area or if feeling more energetic use the beach as a base for a walk as the beach is directly on the South West Coast Path.
Visit Dartmouth Castle, superbly located in the mouth of the estuary with wonderful views from the top tower and has been guarding the area since 1388. Explore Greenway, the holiday home of Agatha Christie now run by the National Trust. Nearby Woodlands theme park boasts the largest watercoasters in Devon, a farm with all the family favourites including meerkats, all set within beautiful grounds of 100 acres. Take a trip on one of the many ferries and head out for a day to explore nearby Salcombe, Torquay or Totnes or stay on land and explore the English Riviera on the Dartmouth Steam Railway.
We have a large range of Dartmouth self-catering cottages from romantic getaways for two through to cottages sleeping large families or groups. This is an excellent area for a family holiday and we have a huge choice of Dartmouth holiday cottages for families including cottages with sea views, with swimming pools, hot tubs and pet-friendly