Located in , Devon
A stunning barn surrounded by green fields and grazing animals, offering a chance to relax. On the edge of Exmoor National Park and easy driving distance of the coastline, it really does have it all.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
Set in a rural location close to Barnstaple is this superb property, boasting so much to see and do nearby. Visit coastal villages and towns like Braunton, Croyde, Woolacombe, Lynmouth, Lynton, Westward Ho! and Ilfracombe, all of which are within a short drive. Alternatively, you could make the journey on MS Oldenburg to beautiful Lundy Island. The National Trust property Arlington Court is just 6 miles away.
The main entrance into this beautifully designed property is on the ground floor. A large glass door leads in from the patio to the kitchen/diner, which features an impressive vaulted ceiling and high beams. Equipped with an electric oven and induction hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and Nespresso coffee machine, it has everything you need to cater for the family. A cupboard in the hallway houses the washer/dryer. Located on the first floor is the impressive lounge with a full-height feature window allowing fine views across the meadowland, plus a Smart TV/DVD and a contemporary wood burner for cosy family film nights. Bi-fold doors open out onto the sunny patio. The master super-king-size bedroom boasts plenty of storage and a door leading out to a terrace with seating, along with a wet room with a shower and WC directly adjacent. From the corner of the kitchen, a solid wood staircase leads down to the lower-ground floor, where you will find two bedrooms: a comfortable double, and a king-size zip-and-link (which can be made into a 2’6” twin on request). Both bedrooms are served by a separate contemporary bathroom with a shower over bath and WC.
Heading outside from the ground floor, you’ll find an attractive patio complete with a gas BBQ and circular garden table for six. There is an outside shower with hot water – handy for rinsing down wetsuits or muddy paws after a day of exploring. In addition, outside the master bedroom is a separate terrace. The lower garden/driveway is enclosed by wooden fencing and two five-bar gates, the second of these gives direct access to 12 acres of meadowland with a stream running through, occasionally used by the owner’s sheep. There is parking for two cars on the driveway. Please note this property has a private water supply.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Beautiful split-level stone barn set in the North Devon countryside, with fine views across meadowland
- Imaginatively designed, with superb interiors, vaulted ceilings and high beams
- Strolling distance along a footpath and across fields to the village inn, plus a short drive to surfing beaches at Woolacombe and Croyde
- 3 Bedrooms 1 super-king-size, 1 double and 1 king-size zip and link (which can be into a 2 6 twin on request)
- 1 Bathroom with shower over bath and WC and 1 wet room with shower and WC
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, Nespresso coffee machine and dishwasher
- Utility cupboard with washer/dryer
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Beach 9 miles, shop 5 miles and pub within walking distance
- Smart TV/DVD in the lounge and Smart TV in the super-king-size bedroom
- Enclosed garden with garden furniture and gas BBQ, and access to 12 acres of meadowland with a stream running through (children and dogs to be supervised at the stream) Enclosed terrace from master bedroom with seating
- Please note there is public footpath access to the front of the cottage
- Cot and highchair available
offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what can offer.