Located in Westward Ho!, Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Alamar Cottage is a well-furnished and contemporary, three-bedroom holiday home located in the heart of the village of Northam. Comfortably accommodating up to six guests, this house is perfect for a relaxing coastal holiday. Stepping into this delightful property you are greeted by a comfortable living room with solid wood floors, an electric coal fire, a 40″ Smart TV, a DVD player, four-seater sofa and two armchairs. Next door is an attractive dining room and is the perfect quiet space for reading a good book. The kitchen has everything you need to cater for your party and entertain in style and there is also a utility room with a washing machine. There are double doors from the kitchen opening out onto the courtyard garden which has a pair of vintage deckchairs.
Heading upstairs are the three bedrooms which includes one king-size bed and two standard double beds, all featuring clothes rails, bedside tables and a 32″ Smart TV. The Kingsize room also has a day bed which can accommodate an additional guest for flexible sleeping. The spacious family shower room has a double cubicle, toilet, sink and a heated towel rail.
The cottage is in the centre of Northam, which has a pub and village shop/post office and is in a great location to explore North Devon. It is just a short drive from Northam Burrows Country Park, which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), and also incorporates the historical Royal North Devon Golf Course. It is home to a diverse range of natural habitats, including salt marsh, open grassland, rocky shore and sand dunes; it is a haven for all kinds of wildlife from vivid lichens to coastal birds.
Westward Ho! Beach is just a few minutes away and is a 2-mile stretch of golden sand, which is very popular with surfers. In the summer season, be sure to visit the Northam Burrows Centre, located towards the north of the beach, to discover more about the wildlife, or even join one of the free family events run by the team there. Events range from rockpool rambles and nature walks, to sandcastle competitions and treasure hunts!
In the local area are a good selection of pubs, restaurants and local amenities, with the wide expanse of the surfing sands at Westward Ho!, access to walks along the rugged South West Coastal Path and the pretty quayside and bustling cobblestone streets of Appledore, which is only a 5-minute drive away. Take the seasonal ferry over the estuary from Appledore to Instow, watch the boats sail by or partake in one of the water sports, or just sit with an ice cream and watch the world go by.
Further afield there is much to see and do in the area with attractions to suit most tastes, including The Oldenburg for day trips to Lundy Island, The Big Sheep, The Milky Way, Dartington Crystal and RHS Garden Rosemoor.
- Enjoy a family holiday at Alamar Cottage, just a short drive from Westward Ho! with its beach, pubs and restaurants
- Step to entrance
- Most rooms with wooden floor
- Ground Floor: Living room: With electric coal-effect fire, 40" Freeview Smart TV and DVD player
- Dining room
- Kitchen: With range with electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room: With washing machine
- First Floor: Bedroom 1: With kingsize bed and day bed (for flexible sleeping arrangements) and 32" Freeview Smart TV
- Bedroom 2: With double bed and 32" Freeview Smart TV
- Bedroom 3: With double bed and 32" Freeview Smart TV
- Shower room: With double shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail
- Gas central heating, gas, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request
- Welcome pack
- Courtyard with garden furniture
- Public car park, free of charge
- No smoking
- Please note: This property has a security deposit of £150
No reviews found.
Westward Ho! offers the perfect mix of premium holiday cottages at affordable prices. Whether it's a romantic break for two, or you are taking the dog for a whole family getaway, you're sure to love what Westward Ho! can offer.