2 The Shrubbery
Located in South Molton, Devon
This delightful cottage has been lovingly refurbished and retains many original features. The village setting provides a great taste of rural life, yet is ideally located to explore Devon.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Conveniently located in the heart of a thriving village it is a perfect retreat for those seeking a countryside getaway with easy access to the Exmoor National Park, yet is within walking distance to the community shop and children’s play area. The market town of South Molton is a short drive away, where two markets are held in the historic pannier market each week. There is a supermarket and numerous cafes and pubs within, or close by to the town. It is conveniently located to explore the dramatic coastline of North Devon including picturesque villages and the many attractions on offer.
On entering this pretty character cottage, you step into the lounge/diner which boasts a feature inglenook fireplace with slate hearth, past bread oven and wood burner, great for those colder months. Enjoy reading a book or watching your favourite programme or film on the TV/DVD while relaxing on the comfy sofas. This leads to the well-equipped kitchen with electric hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. A doorway leads to the cottage style stairs that takes you to the two bedrooms, but please take care when coming downstairs due to a lower ceiling height at the bottom of the staircase. Upstairs you will find the main bedroom with king-size bed and feature fireplace and also a twin bedroom. There is also a bathroom with shower over bath and WC.
Heading outside from the back porch, which is a great space for storing muddy boots and for hanging coats, is a small paved courtyard which is a sun trap in the warmer months. Here you can relax and enjoy a spot of al fresco dining whether it’s a glass of orange juice with breakfast or a glass of wine while enjoying a BBQ. From here and approached via 3 steps, is an outside utility/barn with a washing machine, tumble dryer and makes a great space for storing bikes etc. There is roadside parking available (subject to availability).
- Charming cottage in the heart of a thriving, delightful village with shop and children's playground
- Relax in front of the wood burner in the cooler months or enjoy a spot of al fresco dining in the summer
- Enjoy a day out in the Exmoor National Park with its dramatic scenery and quaint villages
- The beaches of Saunton, Woolacombe and Croyde, all are within easy reach
- 2 Bedrooms 1 king and 1 twin
- 1 Bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility barn with washing machine, tumble dryer and bicycle storage
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Electric and electric heating included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Roadside parking where available
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 Dogs welcome
- Community village shop within walking distance, pub 1
- 5 miles
- TV/DVD in the lounge
- Charcoal BBQ available
South Molton is a market town known as the Gateway to Exmoor and is perfectly located for not only exploring the National Park but the North Devon coastline as well with Combe Martin, Ilfracombe and Woolacombe all under 25 miles away. Every Thursday and Sunday the Country Market hosts 70 local businesses selling locally produced foods, plants and flowers, antiques as well as goods by local talented artists all under one roof. The town has a good choice of where to eat out and a free museum detailing the local history. The newly opened Quince Honey Farm is already a must-visit with a typical comment being I never knew bees could be so interesting! The nearby Castle Hill Estate has stunning views with an equally stunning 50 acres of garden, a great cafe and is also dog-friendly so everyone can enjoy the walks.