2 Burgh Island Causeway
Located in Bigbury-on-sea, Devon
This stunning beachside apartment is situated in the South Devon seaside village of Bigbury-on-Sea and can sleep four people in two bedrooms.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
Apartment 2 is a stunning ground floor beachside apartment situated 20 yards from the lovely sandy beach in the Devon coastal village of Bigbury-on-Sea. The apartment sleeps four people in two en suite bedrooms, a double and a twin. On the same level is an open plan living space with fantastic sea views, seating area, dining area, fitted kitchen and big glazed doors to a big terrace with outdoor furniture and barbecue. Within the same building are shared leisure facilities, an indoor swimming pool, sauna and gym, all free of charge, and a smart bar/restaurant. Outside is a Off road parking in a reserved parking space for one car. Positioned beside an excellent beach and with amazing views of the sea, beach and Burgh Island, Apartment 2 is a very special place for a Devon break on the coast.
Apartment 2 is a ground floor apartment with the fabulous views to south and west and big glass doors opening to a good-sized terrace, partly undercover and with sunbeds, a barbecue and table and chairs. The bright open plan living space has sofas on which to relax and watch the TV, an oak table for dining and granite work surfaces in the kitchen area. To the rear are the en suite bedrooms, comfortable and quiet. With the beach so handy and the leisure centre and restaurant/bar to enjoy, this is an ideal coastal holiday location.
- Underfloor heating
- Microwave, fridge-freezer, tumble dryer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Sky DVD, WiFi, Phone, Fuel and power inc in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off-road parking for one car in a reserved parking space
- Enclosed terrace garden with barbecue, indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Pub less than 1 mile from property, Note: Check-in time 4pm
- Note: Leisure facilities open from 10am every day (except Christmas day)
- Note: This property does not accept children under 14 in the gym or sauna
- Note: The club restaurant/bar is open 10am to 9pm during the High Season, reservations recommended (for all other times of the year, please contact the Leisure Centre for opening times)
The small hamlet of Bigbury-on-Sea is another perfect location for seaside holidays located in the South Hams area in South Devon. The beach offers everything you could ever desire for the perfect day by the sea including safe swimming with seasonal lifeguards (May to September) and shallow waters. The beach is very spacious and has disabled access. At low tide, you can take a walk over to Burgh Island or if you can't wait take a trip over on the famous sea tractor and discover the Art Deco Burgh Island Hotel, the links with Agatha Christie and its history of pirates and smugglers. A great area for rockpooling this area is a big hit for kids of all ages.
The facilities are equally good with two car parks, clean toilets and even showers for the surfers and bathers. The Discover Surf School offers surf lessons for beginners and intermediates and they also offer windsurfing and kitesurfing. The Venus Café has a variety of food and drinks options including the all-important ice cream and there is even a beach barista. A pub is also available on Burgh Island. Dogs are allowed on one side of the beach and there are dog bowls and water available for them as well.
Plenty of holiday accommodation directly at Bigbury-on-Sea, many with sea views and just a couple of minutes walk to the beach with further great options in the surrounding villages.