The Corn Tallet
Located in Bideford, Devon
The Corn Tallet in Westleigh near Bideford sleeps six in three bedrooms and is pet-friendly with a swimming pool.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
This reverse-level cottage has a first-floor kitchen/diner with an electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, and a small breakfast area for two, and a first-floor living/dining room with a table for six, TV with Freeview, and DVD player. There are three ground-floor bedrooms; a four-poster double with a shared balcony and en-suite shower room, a twin with a shared balcony, and a twin zip/link, can be double on request, along with a ground-floor bathroom and cloakroom. Outside, there are shared, 130-acre natural grounds, a shared outdoor heated swimming pool from May to September, and off-road parking. Within 1 mile, there is a shop and pub. One well-behaved dog is welcome, but no cats. Sorry, no smoking, except in designated smoking areas. WiFi, fuel, power, bed linen and towels are all included in the price. Note: External steps up to the entrance, and steps between rooms. Note: Check-in 5pm. An unforgettable holiday in Devon awaits at The Corn Tallet.
Situated within proximity of Bideford, is this welcoming cottage, The Corn Tallet, comprising reverse-level accommodation and open-plan living spaces.
Take the external staircase leading to the entrance of the cottage where you will find the delightful heart of the home, the kitchen, presenting well-appointed fixtures and furnishings. From here you can step straight through to the open lounge area complete with a dining table and chairs. The interior boasts exposed beams and colourful soft furnishings, adding a touch of character to the place.
Downstairs on the ground floor is where you will find three bedrooms for you and the children. Two splendidly presented twin rooms are accompanied by a double four-poster room with a delightful quality finish, pine furniture and double doors. The bathroom and shower room complement each other in a refreshing whitewash, and the cloakroom is a handy addition to the cottage.
During the summer months you can enjoy the benefits of the shared outdoor swimming pool, perfect for cooling off from the sun or for some leisurely exercise.
Situated on a working sheep farm and wrapped in the beautiful landscapes of the grounds and glorious abounding wildlife, The Corn Tallet is the ideal base for your Devonshire family holiday.
- Three ground-floor bedrooms: 1 x four-poster double with shared balcony and en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with shared balcony, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be double on request)
- Ground-floor bathroom with bath, shower over, bidet, basin and WC
- Cloakroom with basin and WC
- First-floor kitchen/diner
- First-floor living/dining room
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer
- TV with Freeview, DVD player, WiFi
- Fuel and power are included in the rent
- Bed linen and towels are included in the rent
- A highchair and cot are available on request
- Ample off-road parking
- 130-acre natural grounds and orchard with terrace sun loungers (shared with owner and other properties on-site)
- One well-behaved dog is welcome, no cats
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Outdoor heated swimming pool, shared with other properties on-site, (15' x 30' x 4' to 5' deep) with paddling pool (10' x 9' x 1'6" deep), available from the Friday immediately preceding the last bank holiday in May to the first Friday in September, 10am-evening
- Note: External steps up to the entrance, and steps between rooms
- Note: Check-in time 5pm
- Note: Use of the pool will be by allocated time only whilst social distancing is in place
- Note: Due to the swimming pool, children must be supervised at all times
- Note: There is no smoking allowed onsite except within the designated smoking area
- Note: Unfortunately, electric cars cannot be charged on site but there is a charging point 4 minute's drive away (Tesco)
The historic maritime town of Bideford lies on the River Torridge on the North Devon Coast and makes for an excellent base to explore this area of Devon. With a great selection of shops, cafés, pubs, tea rooms and restaurants you won't need to leave the town for anything but there is so much to see and do in the area you will surely want to. Just a couple of miles away is Westward Ho!, with 2 miles of spectacular coastline and a Blue Flag awarded sandy beach. Just sit and enjoy the views or perhaps make a sandcastle or partake in one of the many water-based activities on offer including surfing. The walking is especially good around here with both the South West Coast Path and the Tarka Trail within easy reach. North Burrows Country Park provides 253 hectares of diverse landscapes to enjoy while the award-winning Big Sheep all-weather family attraction and the Ultimate Adventure Centre are just 1 mile away. In summary, this area offers so much for all ages with breathtaking scenery thrown in for free!