Located in Holsworthy, Devon
Double fronted period property situated in a quiet location in the Devonshire countryside, located just ten miles from the beautiful beaches of the North Cornwall coast.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 3
This property enjoys a secluded rural location, reached by the quiet country lanes of the Devonshire countryside. However, the location does not mean that guests need to feel cut-off or remote, as the stunning Cornish coast is just a twenty-minute drive away. The town of Bude is a popular seaside destination offering a choice of sandy beaches, one of which has a tidal pool, in addition to a good range of shops and cafes, and a mini-golf course. A drive further down the coast brings visitors to the attractive village of Boscastle, and onto King Arthur’s Tintagel, the picturesque beach of Port Isaac, and the culinary delights of Padstow.
This handsome period property was once two cottages, which have been converted to create a spacious holiday home sleeping ten. There are two separate relaxing lounges, both of which offer impressive inglenook fireplaces, which house cosy wood burners, TV, and DVD. One of them also has a range of books and a PlayStation games console, providing hours of entertainment for children or competitive adults! The spacious kitchen/diner has a large dining table in the centre of the room, as well as a comfortable sofa, allowing guests to sit and chat whilst they take turns to prepare meals. The kitchen area itself is well-equipped with an electric oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher, whilst the washing machine and tumble dryer can be found in a separate utility room. Two of the property’s bedrooms, a single room and a double room (with zip-and-link beds which can be made up as a twin on request), are also located on the ground floor, as is a shower room with WC accessed down two steps. Upstairs, the first-floor accommodation comprises four further bedrooms, as well as a second shower room with WC, and a bathroom with a bath, separate shower, and WC. Three of the first-floor bedrooms are double rooms, one of which has zip-and-link beds, whilst the final bedroom is another restful single room.
Outside, to the rear of the cottage is an enclosed and dog secure patio area. There is also an additional dog safe patio area to the front of the cottage which is equipped with a BBQ and garden furniture. Beyond which is a wonderful enclosed garden with wooded areas, making it a fantastic space for children to play and burn off some energy whilst the adults relax.
There is ample off-road parking available.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Handsome detached property with a wealth of attractive period features including inglenook fireplaces, beams and slate flooring all set in a secluded rural location surrounded by rolling countryside and woodland
- Only 12 miles from the seaside town of Bude where you can explore the rugged coastline along the South West Coast path
- Located on the Devon/Cornwall border, ideal for exploration and a short drive to sandy beaches and the region’s top visitor attractions6 bedrooms: 2 double, 2 with zip and link beds (which can be made up as doubles or twins) and 2 singles
- 2 additional pull out single beds can be provided on request
- 3 shower rooms, 1 upstairs shower room with WC, 1 upstairs with bath, separate shower and WC and 1 downstairs shower and WC
- Please note this is a period property with uneven flooring and period features
- Enclosed garden and patio area
- TV, DVD, and PlayStation games console
- Wi-Fi included but can be intermittent due to rural location
- 2 wood burners
- Electric oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Bed linen, electric, and geothermal heating included
- Cot and highchair available
- Ample off road parking
- 3 dogs welcome
- Shop 2 miles, pub 3 miles, beach 10 miles
Holsworthy is a market town set in stunning countryside amidst rolling hills. Every Wednesday they hold the popular Pannier Market which dates all the way back to the 12th century. The Holsworthy Museum features displays and information on rural life in days gone by. A variety of shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants can be found around the square.
Holsworthy is the ideal base for exploring Devon. As a base, it offers the peace and tranquillity of the countryside but you also have easy access to the Hartland Peninsula, the sandy beaches of Bude and Widemouth Bay, Dartmoor is within an easy drive as is the Tamar Valley.
We have a great amount of Holsworthy Holiday Cottages to choose from including many that are pet-friendly to take advantage of the excellent walks in the area.